And that’s 3 million!
Our team reached a major milestone in late December when we passed three million premises made Ready for Service (RFS) for NBN Co.
Since 2010, through snow and sunshine, Visionstream has been helping to build Australia’s broadband infrastructure. Our contribution to this nation building project includes:
- The Transit Network: installation and commissioning of exchange equipment forming the core infrastructure to connect fibre access nodes across Australia;
- Multi-technology solutions including fibre to the premises/basement/node/curb and hybrid fibre coaxial (HFC) to premises across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania;
- Design and installation of fibre optic cable for new development estates across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania;
- Fibre links – building the essential links between exchanges across Australia;
- Assurance and maintenance activities, including moves, adds and changes to keep the network operational.
An incredible amount of work went into achieving this milestone and whilst our teams will hold small celebrations to mark the occasion, they will not be resting on their laurels with work continuing as we head towards the planned completion of the major nbn build in 2020.