Mission Critical Success
With increasing pressure on Emergency Response Agencies to deliver more efficient and effective services, Victoria’s Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority (ESTA) sought a partner to deliver a more integrated and responsive network for first responders.
Delivering the EAS
Visionstream partnered with ESTA, under a full turnkey arrangement, to deliver the Emergency Alerting Service (EAS), a dedicated alerting system used to alert and simultaneously mobilise Victorian emergency resources.
The first Alert Wireless Network, EAS is a sophisticated, purpose-built and fully-redundant emergency services communications network, comprising satellite links, optic fibre links, wireless ground base stations and robust monitoring and feedback systems, used to emit emergency activity alerts.
Visionstream designed, constructed, and installed the mission critical EAS network, and performs ongoing operations and maintenance services to ensure the reliability of emergency services communications in Victoria.
The collaborative and responsive relationship between Visionstream and ESTA facilitated a range of innovative project solutions including:
- EAS Paging network that uses feedback loop from the transmitter sites
- 99.99% availability fully redundant Public Safety Network
- remote re-programming end-user pagers over the air
- redundant communications paths to all Transceiver Sites
- transmittal-to-air confirmation for every message sent to air
- communications shelters with climate control, redundant power and alarm monitoring points
- alpine satellite receivers with anti-ice protection
- pro-active, routine and reactive maintenance of communications equipment
- dynamic configuration and replace/service/repair for ~40,000 messaging devices (RF Pagers)
- Operator Assisted Messaging Input Service (OAMIS) for administrative messaging to members
- Network Management Systems to monitor, control and reconfigure remote and centralised assets, systems and databases
- Redundant Incident Management Systems to record and track all network events and user experiences.
An experienced partner
With more than two decades of industry experience, Visionstream has designed and completed some of the country’s largest communications networks across a wide range of fixed and wireless technologies.
Our end-to-end project commitment to you is backed by industry leading project performance, robust project management, in-house technical capabilities and 24/7 real-time support. We also work seamlessly with our extensive sub-contractor network and a wide range of technology vendors and carriers to ensure we deliver the best solution for you.
The breadth of our services and our ability to scale means we can provide any organisation a complete turnkey approach to ICT services, reducing whole-of-life project costs.
|Customer||Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority (ESTA)|
|Solution||Intelligent Infrastructure Networks|
The large-scale project included the rollout of:
- 228 Transceiver Sites providing 98.5% coverage of Victoria by population
- Primary Control Site
- mirrored secondary Disaster Recovery Control Site
- Operator Assisted Input Message Service
- 24/7 Network Operations Centre.
The wireless network now boats a 99.99% availability of the fully redundant Public Safety Network.