Healthcare for the future
Today’s greatest challenge is cost effective healthcare. Health systems are crucial to humanely support the infirm, an ageing population and the chronically ill. Yet simultaneous demands to cut costs and improve services exerts extraordinary pressure on the sector.
Visionstream works with healthcare providers to deliver innovative, integrated and customised solutions that increase efficiencies and improve health outcomes. We aim to reduce administration time by providing accurate and up-to-date patient and hospital information at the touch of a button.
An Australian first
Hansen Yuncken Leighton Contractors Joint Venture awarded Visionstream the contract to deliver a significant portion of the design and installation for the information and communications technology (ICT) in the New Royal Adelaide Hospital (NRAH).
As part of a broader integrated design team, Visionstream is designing, installing and commissioning key components of the next-generation ICT infrastructure for Adelaide’s technologically-advanced health facility. This includes:
- a high availability ICT network infrastructure comprising all core, distribution, edge switching and wireless access points throughout the facility; including at bedside as well as staff work places
- the IP PABX, delivering a unified communications system including wired and wireless handsets to be deployed throughout the facility
- a wireless real-time location system for patient and equipment tracking
- access switches incorporating energy management capabilities, enabling measurement and regulation of power used by co-operating attached devices
- a deeply integrated ICT network that supports a rich variety of existing hospital activities including, but not limited to:
- all operational data and voice services
- meal ordering by patients
- lighting control
- access control
- medical imaging
- audio-visual content distribution.
The design of the integrated technology solution will focus on enabling the provision of the South Australian Government’s model of care, utilising technology to enable the provision of safe care, reducing time spent on menial and administrative tasks, and increasing clinician-patient time.
This is the first time that this level of integrated communications technology and capability will be showcased as the new Royal Adelaide Hospital will be the most technologically advanced health facility in Australia.
The ICT Network is being designed with considerable capacity, scalability and expandability both in terms of the cabling and the active devices. It is well positioned to adapt to changes to the hospital in future.
A trusted partner
Our end-to-end project commitment to you is backed by industry leading project performance, robust project management, in-house technical capabilities and 24/7 real-time support. We also work seamlessly with our extensive sub-contractor network and a wide range of technology vendors and carriers to ensure we deliver the best solution for you.
With more than two decades of industry experience, Visionstream has designed and completed some of the country’s largest communications networks across a wide range of fixed and wireless technologies.
The breadth of our services and our ability to scale means we can provide any organisation a complete turn-key approach to ICT services, reducing whole-of-life project costs.
- The most technologically advanced health facility in Australia.
- A high availability ICT network infrastructure.
- Wireless real-time location system for patient and equipment tracking.
- Access switches enabling measurement and regulation of power used by co-operating attached devices.
- An integrated ICT Network that supports existing hospital activities.
- An ICT network that will scale and adapt to future needs.